Monday, September 30, 2013

She's launched!

Yes, the book and me met at Kings Lynn and it's now officially launched. Here's me with CK Stead and Kit Wright just before the reading on Saturday 28 September at Kings Lynn Poetry Festival.

Left: CK Stead from New Zealand, right: Kit Wright
Karl Stead's poem about being examined by a female doctor gave me the boost I needed to deliver the menopause poems. Kit read a poem about plague horses and I read Funeral horses. 

But what was also particularly striking this year was the number of women reading including a Saturday afternoon all-woman line up: Carrie Etter, Caroline Gilfillan and Rhian Gallagher. On the Friday night, Helen Ivory shared the stage with Michael Hulse and John Fuller. 

Yep. It was a good launch with plenty of sun in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment